What is the TCDEIR?
• A group of diversity practitioners from a variety of Twin Cities organizations
• An informal networking group
• A place to share best and promising practices
• A group that meets six times per year:
• Meetings are generally held from 8:30 am to 10:00 am on the 3rd Thursday of February, April, June, August, October, and December. Networking begins at 8 AM.
• A group led by an Executive Steering Team (see "About" page)
Who are members?
• Diversity practitioners or individuals who have a significant aspect of their job function focused on diversity and inclusion.
• Representation from a variety of Twin Cities organizations including: (business, non-profits, government and secondary educational institutions).
• Questions on membership and invitations for membership should be run through the Executive Team co-led by Tonya Hampton and Philomena Morrissey Satre.
How does one become a member?
• Express interest to receive an invitation to an upcoming meeting.
• Attend a meeting
What is required of members?
• Be willing to host a meeting periodically (see below)
• Adhere to TCDEIR protocols (see below)
• No membership dues are required at this time.
What are the protocols?
• If you are not able to attend a meeting, you can send someone else from your organization in your place.
• No soliciting or selling of one’s services. If you receive a solicitation, please tell one of the Exec Board members.
• Do not email the entire membership directly; rather, use this website to include your announcement/request in the group’s news communication (see member page).
• Due to space limitations for in person events we may limit the number of members per company/organization/institution who may attend.
What is required when hosting a meeting?
• You will work closely with one member of the Exec Board to plan the content of the meeting and identify needed information for the invitations.
• Meetings are scheduled from 8:30 am to 10:00 am and follow this agenda:
o 8:00 – 8:30 Networking
o 8:30 – 8:40 Welcome; Host Organization Overview
o 8:40 - 9:45 Featured topic (this section includes at least one breakout time for people to have small group discussion at their tables)
o 9:45 – 10:00 TCDEIR announcements
• Providing some breakfast food and beverages is at the host company’s discretion and is always appreciated.
• There is a more detailed guide for hosting a meeting that will be helpful as you proceed through the process.
• If members find they cannot host a meeting, the host is initially responsible for attempting to find another member to host instead. This has often happened by swapping dates with another member who is hosting later in the year.